ASUS service in Kolkata ASUS service in Kolkata
Menu

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ASUS service in Kolkata

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down ASUS service in Kolkata

Did anyone tried the ASUS service in Kolkata or any other cities (except Bangalore)? I have submitted my 3 weeks old motherboard to the Service center of Rashi in the first week of July and till date they could not even confirm me a date of getting it back.

Is it normal with ASUS? Will please other 'digitizeds" share their experiences?

At the end: ASUS S***S...if this type of service they reserve for us.

Prospective ASUS buyers ....beware!!!!
    For Pictorials, Tutorials and software reviews visit: www.sroyc.blogspot.com

No pain....No gain Reputation john_the_ultimate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: ASUS service in Kolkata

I had my XFX mobo replaced (last week) through Rashi (kolkata) and it took just 6 days. Anyways, if it has gone for repairs then it takes longer, maybe 3-4 weeks.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Faith is the boast of a man who is too lazy to investigate.

Rebooting Reputation Choto Cheeta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not only with ASUS, all other brands like Intel or MSI, takes 30days for the replace if the board is 30days old, if u ask for support within 30days u are suppose to get a Hand on change !!!!
    rebooting
    ChotoCheeta.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have asked for the support well within 30 days...but I never received a hand on replacement !!!!! Is it applicable for ASUS too?

I have bought the HWs from my friend who in turn submitted the defective mobo....till date I have no information about the board. And it is more than 30 days now.

So any suggestion/advice?

Thank you.

Rebooting Reputation Choto Cheeta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have asked for the support well within 30 days...but I never received a hand on replacement !!!!! Is it applicable for ASUS too?
    strange, its actually the vendor who we ask within 30days... vendor takles the headache within 30days after that they will ask u to take to Service center by ur own or rather will ask u to leave the board with them they will sent to service center !!!!

I have bought the HWs from my friend who in turn submitted the defective mobo....till date I have no information about the board. And it is more than 30 days now.

So any suggestion/advice?
    it will take time... !!! it takes time as with Intel 45 days when u send via Courier !!! same with asus it takes upto 45 days but usally they do it within 20 to 25 days... but if the presure of support request is high it may take 45days...

So i suggest wait.. !!!
    rebooting
    ChotoCheeta.com

No pain....No gain Reputation john_the_ultimate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was over 2 months old and still it was replaced in 6 days but I did take the board to rashi by myself. No point in trying to replace the mobo through the vendor as it would have taken more time.
    Still the people at rashi did tell me to come back in a weeks time for the new mobo.
    Do check with them for updates and as saurav said wait a lil' more.
    Faith is the boast of a man who is too lazy to investigate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here is the update guys [and I have verified the version of statement of my friend who sold me the HWs independently]:

1. @chhoto chita

According to the manager at ASUS 31 G C Avn office, the 30 days replacement policy is from th date of invoice of the Stockist! Strange, isn't it?Should not it be counted from the date of the invoice for the End User? I think this policy is quite dubious.

Secondly, it is a fact that ASUS declined to provide the service on the ground that the board is mechanically defective. Now how did they try to prove it? They have put the proccy (E4300) with its original hitsink and fan and after that held the board at two opposite diagonal corners and then pointed out that the middle portion is bending. Though it is common for anything! ASUS could not show any other mechanical defect and they also could not prove their point without installing and holding the board in the above mentioned peculier fashion.

Last but not the least, all these ASUS tried to establish after 45 days of acceptnig the board and moreover they dod not say anyhting about this particular defect during or immediately after accepting the board.

My friend is really fighting to get me a new one as well as 3 other DVD burners from his other clients all of which ASUS refused to repair/replace on the same ground.

There is another part of this story remaining which I shall sharw at the end of this week.

So a word of caution: "Beware of ASUS"

I have another PC with MSI, which was sent to MSI twice for BIOS problem and I got that back well within a month. So I think MSI is a far safer bet than ASUS.

Alpha Geek Reputation sabret00the's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ok now this is scary info...as I'am an asus motherboard owner too...well all I can say I'am not going to OC my board anytime soon...lest I fry it...
    C2D E6600,Asus P5N32 e SLI,1GB 667mhz,Samsung 940BW,Zeb 8600GT,Seagate 250GB sata II,16x Sony(OEM) dvd RW,Zeb Anitibiotic & Platinum 500W,Microsoft desktop pro 700,bluetooth,Logitech MX Revolution

Post Thanks / Like

I shall share aomething which will surely make you (and all those ASUS users/buyers/intended buyers) think many more than twice to buy anyhting from ASUS. I hope tto post that by coming Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

now here is the info I promised that I shall share with you:

The manager of the ASUS Kolkata office geve my friend the following three options:
    1. Take a board costing about 2800/- in place of the 7500/- P5B-VM (with no further warrenty applicable)

OR

2. Take the board back- nothing more can be done!

OR

3. Let the board be repaired! (with no further warrenty applicable)

My friend refised all three and he said that only a new board is acceptable. Because the board was brought back within 10 days of purchase, so question of repair does not arise. There is also no question of taking a defective board and lastly the lower proced board is a rediculous option. ASUS local service center even has given in writing that the board is mechanically diffective.

From the above three option it can be rest assured that ASUS india service is simply trying to wash its hands off the responsibility of giving after sales service. Moreover I and my friend, both checked the ASUS website and found that "Bending of Board" is not at all listed as a condition of 'void warrenty' or 'service refusal'. ASUS website clearly details with images the conditions of mechanical damage which only includes "Breakage and Scratches"; none of which are applicable in my case. Furthermore the site also states clearly that while using Intel Processor and Fan with this board bending may occur, but that will not be considered as a case for not providing the warrenty support.

After pointing out all the above points to the manager my friend suggested that he will simply move to the consumer court showing that almost after 1.5 months the board is returned with written refusal and on a frivolous and false ground. Hearing this that fellow took the board back again and he was supposed to give it back to me on last Thurday, but reported on that day that he has sent it back now to Bombay and on coming Tuesday he will be able to give some concrete news.

After 1 months 20 days I am not sure when I may get it back or will I get it back at all. The harrasment and trouble that I am going through is just adding to the pain. And I am no position to afford another board.

I am sharing all these so that no body should suffer like this, and this is the case with any ASUS product, irrespective of its catagory. I made a grave mistake of trusting ASUS and I am paying dearly for that.

Non repair Grounds: http://support.asus.com/repair/repai...Language=en-us

My board has none of the conditions specified in the above link and I have already posted how exactly they are trying to prove that the board is bent.