//MOD: This thread is for PS4 discussion only. For anything related to Xbox One, post here:
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cons...ont-troll.html. For Nintendo Wii U, use this thread: http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cons...-trolling.html
Finally the beast is unveiled at E3 2013. First impressions suggest that the PS4 looks somewhat strikingly similar in appearance with the mighty and legendary PS2 (original SKU) which was the most successful console of all time. The design is aggressive with sharp flow of lines and a two-tone boxed sandwich model.
Looks significantly smaller than PS3's original model.
The console does look a bit bulky and isn't that slim. Kudos to the designers for adding good amount of vents without making the console compromise in looks.
Now some people might dislike this design, but it surely looks distinct from the rest. No idea about the build quality, but from the looks of it, its gonna be good.
I won't gonna go into details about the specifications as they were already discussed so many times in the past. Check here for a quick rundown: PS4 Tech Specs
The PS4 uses bluetooth 2.1 +EDR as a connectivity medium with the controller and has an overall bandwidth of 3mbps. I would have liked a wifi-direct ( 250mbps), but the latter kinda has a significant impact on battery life. More details about this when the consoles are launched this fall. Integration with the all new PlayStation Eye, Move motion controllers and DS4 gives the PS4 all the means to enjoy interactive content at its best. Add to that, the remote play feature of PS VITA which allows remote play ( asymmetric gameplay) of all PS4 titles.
Coming to games themselves, Sony didn't disappoint here. With over 40 exclusives and overall 150+ games in development for PS4 and will be launched in first year itself, the PS4 looks promising from a development standpoint. At E3, apart from spine chilling exclusives like Killzone- ShadowFall, Drive club, Infamous Second Son and Knack, they displayed some other exclusive Ip's like the brilliant Final Fantasy XV , The New Order 1866, Dark Sorcerer and kingdom hearts.
Lots of new ip's are still in development. Besides this, lots of third party acclaimed titles like Watchdogs, Assassin's creed 4 black flag, Bungie's Destiny and lot others look terrific on PS4.
To witness these games , have a look at the following thanks to our forum member - theterminator
Apart from these, indie developers took center stage with tons of new games from brilliant minds. They are all free to publish in playstation network.
Now the show stealing comments of CEO Jack Tretton about the companies DRM policies stole a lots of hearts. The PS4 does not block used games and anyone can do anything they stand fit with their physical copies i.e rent , sell or keep it forever. The following video says it all, thanks to our member NvidiaGeek:
The pricing of $399 stamped the deal, making it greatly affordable from start. Besides, the all new PS4 eye camera retails as an add-on for $59.
Sony's PlayStation 4 Eye is a $59 add-on, PS4 packs an upgradable 500GB HDD inside (updated) Now, PS+ also requires a subscription fee of $5 to access content.
With all these policies and ideas, its safe to say that PS4 is all set for the next-gen race and perhaps all set to rewrite history once again in sales record, and perhaps break the mighty record of the legendary PS2.
PS4 Exclusives so far:
- Blacklight: Retribution: Free to play FPS action only on PS4 and PC from Zombie Studios.
- Daylight: First-person survival horror with randomly generated levels and a serious lack of light sources.
- DC Universe Online: The PS3 MMO hit returns on PS4. Become a hero or a villain and team up with famous characters in Gotham and Metropolis.
- Driveclub: Drive! In a club! Social online racing from the guys behind the awesome Motorstorm.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The troubled Square Enix MMO is back and ready to prove itself on PS4.
- Infamous: Second Sun: Rock around Seattle with superpowers in the third game in the Infamous franchise.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall: Shoot some Helghast in the face as you return to the world of Guerilla's FPS series.
- Knack: Fun action platforming for the kids, or adults who never really grew up.
- The Order: 1886: Adventure through an alternate history steampunk London full of things that go bump in the night.
- Planetside 2: A free to play MMO FPS that has been a great success on PC.
- Primal Carnage: Genesis: An episodic single player series about a world where dinosaurs have been brought back from extinction.
- Secret Ponchos: An indie action shooter from the excellently named studio, Switchblade Monkeys.
- Super Stardust HD sequel: We know another Super Stardust is coming, but not much more. Expect lots of shooting!
- Warframe: Another free to play shooter, this time in a third person viewpoint. A big success on PC so far.
- War Thunder: Multiplayer flight sim with planes from a variety of time periods. Highway to the danger to the zone!