Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ? Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?
Menu

Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?

While cleaning the board, few CPU socket pins got bent and I took it to ASRock service center in Hyderabad (F1 Info Solutions and Services) and they denied to repair giving me the reason that they do not accept any out of warranty board for any repair/RMA.

I even sent one email to ASRock support and it seems they're not bothered to reply.

Later, I tried to straighten the pins using needle and started the system but no luck

Q1: Is it possible to replace the socket ? And does the mobo work well after replacement ?
    Q2: Is there any other authorized ASRock service center in Hyderabad ?

P.S. Currently Z77 motherboards are not available on any online store in India, except Amazon and that too the costs are too insane so have to search the local market.

Q3: Is it a good idea to buy INTEL DH77EB ? This board is Currently available on Amazon (1 year warranty) and TheITwares (3 years warranty)

Q4: Should I go for the latest chip-set motherboard ? and In that case which mobo, processor and RAM would you suggest ?

Q5: According to my current config what all upgrades would you suggest which least for at-least few years.

My config is in signature
    Last edited by devx; 15-04-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    DIVINITY: Intel core i5 2500k | CM Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 | Corsair GS 600W | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB SATA 6 | CM HAF 912 | Samsung 24" SA300 | Razer Goliathus | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech Z506

Wise Old Owl Reputation icebags's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?

you can goto motherboard chip level repair centres (non authorized ones), and see if they can replace the socket.

if they can't or don't have spare part, they may purchase ur mobo at a cheap price , if they are willing. then you can look for new board.
    geeky world of fandom.

3. Likes devx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?

Quote Originally Posted by icebags View Post
    you can goto motherboard chip level repair centres (non authorized ones), and see if they can replace the socket.

if they can't or don't have spare part, they may purchase ur mobo at a cheap price , if they are willing. then you can look for new board.
    One of the guy from other service center told me that after replacement, success rate is very less on these type of boards. I think I might have to sell this at a cheap price.

Recently, I saw few following Z77 motherboards on OLX and QUIKR:

1) ASUS Z77 V-Pro (Owner is not replying ) ₹5500
    2) ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 (8+3 Power phase) - ₹4500
    3) ASUS Z77 M-Pro (6+2 Power phase) - ₹6300
    DIVINITY: Intel core i5 2500k | CM Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 | Corsair GS 600W | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB SATA 6 | CM HAF 912 | Samsung 24" SA300 | Razer Goliathus | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech Z506

DIGITian Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation bssunilreddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devx View Post
    One of the guy from other service center told me that after replacement, success rate is very less on these type of boards. I think I might have to sell this at a cheap price.

Recently, I saw few following Z77 motherboards on OLX and QUIKR:

1) ASUS Z77 V-Pro (Owner is not replying ) ₹5500
    2) ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 (8+3 Power phase) - ₹4500
    3) ASUS Z77 M-Pro (6+2 Power phase) - ₹6300
    During a lightning strike my previous Mobo pins got bent and MSI replaced it with a new socket. It worked flawlessly since I was fortunate that the Mobo was in Warranty and I didn't spend a dime on it. Asrock Sevice Center in Hyderabad is having very bad reputation. They don't even take boards which are in warranty saying that they have physical damage. In fact, they can take your Mobo by levying an extra charge by replacing the socket but they are too lazy to do that.
    Intel Core i5 6600K | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Kingston UV300 480GB SSD | Zotac GTX950 2GB OC | Seasonic M12II 620w | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz | Corsair SPEC-01 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | Dell ST2220L | Redgear Invador MK881 RGB Mechanical Keyboard with KailH Blue Switches | Redgear G1 Laser Gaming Mouse | Logitech Z313 | Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm X3 BLUE LED fans | APC BR1000G-IN 1KVA UPS | Windows 10 Pro x64.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bssunilreddy View Post
    During a lightning strike my previous Mobo pins got bent and MSI replaced it with a new socket. It worked flawlessly since I was fortunate that the Mobo was in Warranty and I didn't spend a dime on it. Asrock Sevice Center in Hyderabad is having very bad reputation. They don't even take boards which are in warranty saying that they have physical damage. In fact, they can take your Mobo by levying an extra charge by replacing the socket but they are too lazy to do that.
    That's so true. I called these people once again and they advised me too visit CTC Bent CPU Socket Pins on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Is it possible to replace socket ?

AND Should I go for the used ASUS P8Z77 M-Pro @6k available on OLX.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

DIGITian Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation bssunilreddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Go ahead and buy it.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk
    Intel Core i5 6600K | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Kingston UV300 480GB SSD | Zotac GTX950 2GB OC | Seasonic M12II 620w | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz | Corsair SPEC-01 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | Dell ST2220L | Redgear Invador MK881 RGB Mechanical Keyboard with KailH Blue Switches | Redgear G1 Laser Gaming Mouse | Logitech Z313 | Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm X3 BLUE LED fans | APC BR1000G-IN 1KVA UPS | Windows 10 Pro x64.

Broken In Reputation Vineet Sharma's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just one question: why were you cleaning pins of the socket in first place?! and even if you were doing it, how?!
    My Rig: Intel i5 6600 | Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB 2400MHz stick | Zotac Geforce 1060GTX 6GB GDDR5 | Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD | WD Caviar Blue 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 PSU | Corsair Carbide SPEC - Alpha (Red & White) My Game Console: PS4 Pro My Mobile: Huawei Nexus 6P 64GB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vineet Sharma View Post
    Just one question: why were you cleaning pins of the socket in first place?! and even if you were doing it, how?!
    I was cleaning the board and by mistake I forgot to close the CPU socket with dummy header.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk