Menu

Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Android or IOS?

Wise Old Owl Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: Android or IOS?

I was an Android user first then I switched to iOS in 2014. Since then it has been iOS for me. I tried using Android in OnePlus One & it was good for media consumption but as soon as I started using it by inserting a SIM it became weird. Its user interface seemed counter intuitive & less responsive to touches. Auto brightness wouldn't work, can't see anything in direct sunlight, keypress felt awkward although swipe feature is good, while in iOS every feature works as intended. Music playback, bluetooth device media synchronisation, podcasts, the control centre, etc. all are excellent features of iOS & also apps feel more premium. I miss the back button in iPhone but its offset by the very useful left swipe feature supported in most apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --- iPhone 5S || OnePlus One 64 GB || Dell Inspiron 5558 -> 1.6 GHz Core i5 || 1TB HDD || 4GB RAM || 2GB GeForce 920M || 15.6" HD Touch Display
    --- iPad mini || Nexus 7(dead :-( ) || Samsung GALAXY Tab P311
    --- Intel Pentium G2010 || 8GB RAM || 500 GB WD + 1 TB WD || Sapphire AMD HD 7770 1GB || Philips 19" || ASRock Mobo || Samsung DVD-RW || Antec VSK-5000 || Origin ID: theterminator645 || Toshiba Canvio Basic 500GB || Corsair CX430

Apprentice Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

iPhone is fine for ppl who don't care about technicalities, and have very few expectations from their phone (should have good camera, should be stylish and can run apps). If a person wants anything above than that, iPhone fails and android comes in.
    My Rig: Intel i5 6600 | Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB 2400MHz stick x 2 | Zotac Geforce 1060GTX 6GB GDDR5 | Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD | WD Caviar Blue 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 PSU | Corsair Carbide SPEC - Alpha (Red & White) My Game Console: XBOX One 500GB coupled with WD Caviar Blue 2TB HDD My Mobile: Huawei Nexus 6P 64GB

Busy Bee Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Raaabo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my two cents...

I prefer Android for phones and Apple for tablets.

The iPad is by far the best tablet experience on the planet. Everyone in my family has their own iPad.

For phones I have an S7 Edge and an iPhone 6S, and it's no contest as far as I'm concerned... I find Android easy to use, and also way more tweak-able to my tastes. The iPhone is a one-size fits all, and it's OS is boring and stuck in the past, and not worth the kind of money they demand.
    This Forum has rules:
    Read them, or else!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compute Rig: Intel Core i7 - 5960X | ASROCK X99E-ITX/ac | GeIL 16 GB DDR4 EVO Forza Red | Gigabyte GTX 960 | Intel 600p M.2 NVME 512 GB | Win 10
    Guitar Rig: Ibanez S570DXQM (Transparent Grey Burst) | Line 6 Sonic Port | Marshall MG 10 CF

Truth Seeker Reputation ariftwister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    From a developer standpoint, android is open, you can develop on any machine, be it windows, linux or mac.. there are tonnes of resources availabel and getting into development has a meager refundable fee of 25$..

IOS is much more closed but the OS coding is very simple compared to android. For example, if i want to make a simple listview in android, you have to make a adapter.. which is a ****ing 150 line code then apply that adapter to the listview..

I got into native android dev, but the coding pattern is really cumbersome and it feels less intuitive.. THe end result does look good, ill give it that...

IOS on the otherhand is so much more simpler but the downside is, you cannot customize said listview, you have to choose from default implementations, which should satisfy you in most of the cases..

if u have to make a customized version, you have to do it from the scratch, but on an average, you do not need to make customized versions of things you use frequently..

IOS requires a mac to compile, even in unity u cant export to IOS without a mac.. and the developer fee is greater, but its offset by the significantly more income in appstore because most ios users actually pay for apps

OP is asking about general buying conscience and you are talking about developer stand point But, the scene has improved much now though!! For example, listview has evolved in to recycler view which allows insane amount of customizations you can do with it!!
    {Lenovo Y500 | Xperia Mini -> Xperia ZR -> Zuk Z2 }

Steam,Raptr,Origin,Social Club,G+,xda: ariftwister
    (so basically its ariftwister everywhere )