I upgraded from a Pen 4 PC after 7 years. Now am using a Core i5 4570 PC since 3 years. And been gaming on integrated graphics ever since. I was not much of a gamer, but since Jan 2016 Rocket League have consumed my life. It have made me a gamer again. And with the advent of other games like Remastered version of Bioshock, my PC is hungry for a dGPU.
I don't get more than 40 fps on Rocket league on lowest settings and I think it is affecting my game play. I am also not able to play racing games like The Crew. So I think I should really give my PC what it deserves.
Following is my PC Specs:
Processor Intel 3.2 GHz LGA 1150 4570 i5 4th Gen Motherboard MSI H87M-G43 HDD 1 TB WD Blue RAM G.Skill DDR3 4 GB X 2 and
G.Skill DDR3 8 GB X 1
Cabinet Cooler Master E350N PSU Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU Monitor HP Pavillion 22XW Monitor (1080p) Optical Drive Samsung DVD Combo Keyboard & Mouse TVS-E Gold Bharat & Logitech G90 Headphone Philips SHP2000 UPS Microtek Controller XBox 360 Wired Controller
Games I want to play with the gfx and in near future:
1. Rocket League
2. Bioshock Remastered
3. Need for Speed games
4. Trackmania Canyon/Valley
5. GTA V (in future)
6. Mafia III
7. Mirror's Edge 2
8. Deus Ex: Human
9. Quantum Break
10. Project Cars
Games I totally not play:
FPS games like CS, DOTA, TF etc...
1080p gaming on atleast 60 fps
Around Rs 15K, and as low as possible. I have been a gamer on PC without a GPU since a decade now. And I never felt the need of a GFX since I don't play a graphics intensive game.
Before I decide or buy a GPU tho, I really need answers to following questions (some noob some genuine). I hope friends here can try to answer as many as of them.
1. Is it a right time to buy a GFX? Is something better going to be released in next one month?
2. Which GFX is best for the list of games I require to play?
3. How much VRAM would be sufficient for the game list above. (With and without GTA V, since that game alone I think is very demanding.
4. Does a GFX help in encoding videos too? And Video conversions when I am not gaming?
5. Does a processor's integrated graphics part is freed to do work of CPU when the graphics load is offloaded to a dGPU?
6. Can I buy a GFX from US, if I can arrange for someone to bring it for me (since I also have some Amazon credits). Is warranty an issue?
7. Will my PSU be able to handle the load of a GPU considering the PSU is currently supplying power to: Mobo, 3 sticks of DDR3 RAM, 1 TB HDD, DVD ROM drive, a USB3.0 eHDD, Mic, 2.0 speakers and a couple of USB devices.
Until my research until now, I have come up with this GFX: Amazon.in: Buy MSI GAMING RX 470 GDDR5 4GB CrossFire VR Ready FinFET DirectX 12 Graphics Card (Radeon RX 470 GAMING X 4G) Online at Low Prices in India | MSI Reviews & Rating
The design is cool (with bold RED), I have MSI botherboard too and 4 GB VRAM seems sufficient.