browser hijacking issues browser hijacking issues
Menu

Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: browser hijacking issues

Broken In Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

General browser hijacking issues

Some search engines,creating problems for my searches. when I type anything in google.co.in through chrome browser,it is automatically redirected to some other sites.

I use genuine windows 10,with licensed mcafee antivirus. Had reset chrome.done complete virus scan. no use.

can anyone help

DIGITian Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation bssunilreddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: browser hijacking issues

Dont download any other stupid search engines other than google. They are just viruses.

If you want you can also use yahoo or bing.

All other 3rd party search engines hijack the browsers and wreck havok in your system.

Check before you download.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Intel Core i5 6600K | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Kingston UV300 480GB SSD | Zotac GTX950 2GB OC | Seasonic M12II 620w | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz | Corsair SPEC-01 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | Dell ST2220L | Redgear Invador MK881 RGB Mechanical Keyboard with KailH Blue Switches | Redgear G1 Laser Gaming Mouse | Logitech Z313 | Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm X3 BLUE LED fans | APC BR1000G-IN 1KVA UPS | Windows 10 Pro x64.

3. Likes insaneYLN liked this post
    in a flaashh....... Reputation Reputation Flash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Try scanning with Adwcleaner.
    вℓєѕѕє∂ αяє тнє gєєк, fσя тнєу ѕнαℓℓ ιинєяιт тнє ιитєяиєт!

DIGITian Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation bssunilreddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Try scanning with Adwcleaner.
    No number of scanning or cleaning will do any good unless you format the PC and re-install the OS and never repeat the same mistakes again.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Intel Core i5 6600K | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Kingston UV300 480GB SSD | Zotac GTX950 2GB OC | Seasonic M12II 620w | Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400MHz | Corsair SPEC-01 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | Dell ST2220L | Redgear Invador MK881 RGB Mechanical Keyboard with KailH Blue Switches | Redgear G1 Laser Gaming Mouse | Logitech Z313 | Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm X3 BLUE LED fans | APC BR1000G-IN 1KVA UPS | Windows 10 Pro x64.

in a flaashh....... Reputation Reputation Flash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He said issue is with his browser. So no harm in trying Adwcleaner, before formatting the PC and reinstalling teh OS.
    вℓєѕѕє∂ αяє тнє gєєк, fσя тнєу ѕнαℓℓ ιинєяιт тнє ιитєяиєт!

7. Likes TheSloth liked this post
    Don't ban me,pleash (G_G) Reputation Reputation TheSloth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also try Malwarebytes. there is a complete guide here on forum from dashing.sujay. check that out too.

9. Likes insaneYLN liked this post
    kamehameha!! Reputation Reputation Reputation SaiyanGoku's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post screenshot of these tabs of ccleaner: tools->startup, tools -> Uninstall, Tools -> Browser Plugins and Details tab of Windows Task Manager.
    Asus T200TA | Oneplus 3 | HD598SE | Panasonic FZ70 | Moto G4+ | KZ ATE
    Steam/R* Social/Uplay: SaiyanRajat | Origin: SaiyanGodGoku || My Animelist -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SaiyanGoku&sclick=1
    Get Avast Free antivirus -> http://goo.gl/SbvSLQ

11. Likes insaneYLN liked this post
    Broken In Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all. I had not downloaded any search engine knowingly.

isnt the antivirus programme supposed to clear it.

Formating will be very tough job,as the laptop came with pre loaded windows. no windows CD was given too.

In The Zone Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

You may not have downloaded any search engine, but you might have downloaded and installed a small software, like Typing Master or some such, and the search engine got installed through that. Many of these setups of small softwares are bundled with such stuff. I think these unwanted programs are called PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). I have a licensed version of Windows and Kaspersky, and one day I found myself infected with one of these. It would keep showing me ads for online shopping. I think it had got installed with some mobile backup software I had installed recently. I tried ADWcleaner, and Malwarebytes Free; they found the infection but couldn't remove it. Kaspersky all this time just sat silently as if nothing was wrong. From what I know, antivirus companies allow some of these PUPs because of legal reasons.

I refreshed Firefox, uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing worked. Finally I had to do a format reinstall. As bssunilreddy said, you'll probably have to format and reinstall Windows. You should of course try ADWcleaner and Malwarebytes first; maybe they'll clean the infection on your PC.

If your computer came with backup CDs, or you yourself took a system backup in the beginning, you could use that to reinstall the backup image. If not, you'll have to download a Windows ISO and all the drivers for your computer, and then do the format reinstall.