How many Apps do you actually use? How many Apps do you actually use?
Menu

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How many Apps do you actually use?

The Mighty Unkel!!! Reputation Reputation Reputation RCuber's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General How many Apps do you actually use?

Google Play store is filled with loads of apps, but I wonder how many apps do you actually use on a day to day basis?

for me, 3G watchdog, Wifi File Transfer (pro), Tapatalk, Reddit is Fun, Bookmyshow, Flipkart/ebay, IMDB, Google apps, Email Client(Exchange). That's the only ones I really use.
    Last edited by RCuber; 02-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    the cake is a lie.
    Reddit is my source.

Post Thanks / Like

General Re: How many Apps do you actually use?

I use
    ES file explorer
    Titanium Backup
    Flipkart
    Cloudmagic (email client)
    Greenify
    Timely (alarm)
    Instagram,facebook,whatsapp,
    Drippler,
    Tapatalk
    m-indicator
    Feedly (news reader)
    Zooper widget
    Xposed apps
    Utorrent
    Onefootball
    Dropbox

Almost on a daily basis.

Update:

Also
    9gag
    YouTube
    Music
    Airdroid
    Superbeam
    Quick remote
    Nothing to do here.

kamehameha!! Reputation Reputation Reputation SaiyanGoku's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Greenify, KeePassDroid, Office Suite Pro, Titanium Backup, ES File Explorer, My Data Manager, Clean Master, Tapatalk, Whatsapp, Boat Browser, Dolphin Zero, QuickPic, MX Player, PlayerPro. I haven't mentioned the games though.
    Asus T200TA | Oneplus 3 | HD598SE | Panasonic FZ70 | Moto G4+ | KZ ATE
    Steam/R* Social/Uplay: SaiyanRajat | Origin: SaiyanGodGoku || My Animelist -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SaiyanGoku&sclick=1
    Get Avast Free antivirus -> http://goo.gl/SbvSLQ

Wise Old Owl Reputation mastercool8695's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used these before loosing my andro :

Android Assistant
    Flash transfer
    TubeMate
    Music app (from lenovo)
    Hike
    Whatsapp
    MXPlayer
    File Manager
    Dropbox
    FlashLight

and the launcher ofcourse.
    I know the Secret.

Post Thanks / Like

Regular basis :

Facebook
    whatsapp
    Gmail
    yahoo mail
    Cricbuzz
    File Commander
    Opera Mini
    ATP/WTA live score
    Flashlight
    App Lock
    Runtastic
    IMDB
    MX player
    Tapatalk
    TrueCaller
    English Dictionary

Occassional usage : ( mainly games ) :

Software Data cable
    Clean master
    Real racing 3
    NFS Most wanted
    Logo Quiz
    Quizup
    Virtua Tennis
    ngpay
    Flipkart
    My stuff : Lenovo y510p, Sony 40EX520 LED tv, Samsung HT-Z310 Home Theatre, WD TV LIVE(wifi), Iphone4, Sony Xperia L, Yu Yureka, Microsoft Lumia 535,
    ex-Ragnarok Player.
    Hardcore Tennis Fan. !!!

Post Thanks / Like

any one know about anything like reverse tethering,
    please let me know.
    reverse tethering = using internet on your Mobile while using the connection of your PC
    I know the Secret.

Right Off the Assembly Line Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastercool8695 View Post
    please let me know.
    reverse tethering = using internet on your Mobile while using the connection of your PC
    Connectify.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Connectify.
    sorry, I didn't mention that I need a wired solution (I mean via a USB Cable)
    I know the Secret.

kamehameha!! Reputation Reputation Reputation SaiyanGoku's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastercool8695 View Post
    please let me know.
    USB tunnel:

[Tool][Windows Only][Root] Android Reverse Tethering 3.19 - xda-developers
    Asus T200TA | Oneplus 3 | HD598SE | Panasonic FZ70 | Moto G4+ | KZ ATE
    Steam/R* Social/Uplay: SaiyanRajat | Origin: SaiyanGodGoku || My Animelist -> http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SaiyanGoku&sclick=1
    Get Avast Free antivirus -> http://goo.gl/SbvSLQ

waiting in Tomorrowland.. Reputation Vyom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So there was already a thread about "Must have apps". Even I made a list on my blog. But this thread seems to be different. The Apps I "actually" use. Interesting.

I guess, apps like Launcher, Dialer, Messaging, People (contacts) and Gallery (includes camera app) need not to be mentioned. Since those are by default used by everyone. So what other apps... Hmm..
    So, let's see the apps I use through a fictional story (based on real events)...

I can't wake up in the morning unless the Alarm plays a random song from my list of favourite songs. So that's one. Then I need to watch what time it is when I *finally* wake up. Clock and weather widget it is. That counts as an app too.

While traveling to office I would listen to my songs on TTPod and chat with friends on WhatsApp and Telegram. I would also surf some forum on Tapatalk since it's just unavoidable.

Now I am office. I pretend to work for sometime. Then I would need some break and I would goto breakout area where I see one of my colleague have this amazing trailer of a latest movie, "Edge of Tomorrow". I just need to watch this and have it on my phone too. I would use ShareIt app to transfer the video to my phone in seconds (it uses wireless tethering to do that). I would view the video using MXPlayer on my phone. Wow the trailer is amazing and I need to make a post about it on my FB Page. So I use Pages manager to do that. I don't use Twitter or I could have used Hootsuite to update on multi platforms.

Now its lunch time. And I had forgot to check whether I published that article on my website which I was drafting late night. I would use WordPress app to make final changes and "publish" the article. I could have also uploaded any media on the web server using ConnectBot.

I can now view how my recent blog looks like on the browser like Opera or Chrome. I can also use Chrome to read articles which arrives via RSS feed like Flipboard or Appy Geek which I on the loose after lunch.

Oh dear, its month end! Did my salary came? I would quickyl check it from my bank's app. Be it ICICI or Citibank. Even Canara Bank have an app now. I left for home early since I remembered I had some shopping to do. I referred the list I made using ColorNote or a task application like Astrid to remind me of some things I have to do shopping for.

I am on the Metro platform now and want to goto a market very far. An app of DMRC Metro guides me before I get lost. (Yea, asking from people would have helped too, but I have been taught not to talk to strangers ).

While I am traveling to the market I would play some games on my mobile. Anything like Asphalt 8 or a quick race of Subway Surfer could help me avoid the strangers I was talking about earlier. Oh wait.. did I see someone playing this good looking game I haven't seen earlier? Lets just download it through Play store and get started to break his record.

While shopping I can use my Barcode application to quickly scan and get to know the exact date of manufacture so that I don't pickup old stuff. (Mom would have loved a portable Barcode scanner when she shops. I can be a barcode scanner for her anytime now.) While I am shopping I would simply compare the prices of the stuff from online. Flipkart app it is.

Well, its about time now. Time to return home. I don't really know I can afford to catch another metro in the rush hour of evening. Lets just call a cab using an app I still have to find on Google play (cause I know there is one) and reach to my home keeping an eye on the driver, meter and Google maps. I don't want him to drive me home using the longest route, do I?

Anyway I reached home. Now which app? Well, at home I would keep my phone in one corner. I won't use any other app now since I don't need them to communicate with my family members. Enough apps for today. Maybe I would need to use more apps like Dropbox when I need to share some documents with my friend, or Endomondo, when I need to track how much calorie I burn after a quick jog, or AndChat to chat on IRC with digit forum members. For now... its the end of the day and I need some rest. Screen locked.
    Spec sheet: HP Pavillion 22XW Monitor (1080p) | Cooler Master E350N | WD 1 TB WD Blue | Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Intel 3.2 GHz 4570 i5 (LGA 1150) | G.Skill DDR3 12 GB RAM | MSI H87M-G43 Mobo | MSI RX 480 4 GB GPU | Moto X 1st Gen | Nexus 7.