Menu

Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Slow charging Galaxy and Moto G series

Alpha Geek Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

General Slow charging Galaxy and Moto G series

Hi Guys,

I have read on the internet regarding fast charging hurting the battery. I am okay if the phone takes its time to charge if it helps the battery. I have few queries-
    1. To slow charge a Galaxy or a Moto G series, do we have to turn off fast/turbo charging from the settings and then charge via the charger that came with the phone(the so called fast/turbo charger) or should we use a charger from an old phone say SIII etc.?
    2. How to measure battery cycles? Any credible app for the same?
    3. Of the little what I have understood from various websites is to charge the battery when it is between 20-40% to 80-90% if you want to have a good battery life. I used to do the complete opposite charge, when the battery is at say 6-7% and charge it till it is maxed. I do the same for my laptop. Is this info correct?
    4. Any other tip/advice for the battery?

Thanks

Fast 'N' Furious Reputation topgear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General Re: Slow charging Galaxy and Moto G series

Go to settings and under battery sub menu there should be options like “Fast cable charging” and “Fast wireless charging.” - disable both of them.
    Who Dares Wins. No Retreat, No Surrender.

Core i7 4770, Asus B85M-G, 8+4 GB Corsair Vengeance@ 1600 Mhz, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC, Corsair GS 600, Deepcool Kendomen, Xigmatek LOKI II HDT, WD 1TB Black, SGT 500GB, Toshiba 2TB HDD, LiteOn DVD Drive, APC Back UPS 600VA, Motorola Pulse Max, Logitech G105 and G400, Genius SW-2.1 355, Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime on Lollipop, iBall Slide 7236 2G Tablet, Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL on Android Nougat, Huawei Honor Bee.

3. Likes billubakra liked this post
    Truth Seeker Reputation ariftwister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a myth that Fast Charging degrades battery life !!

That's true to a certain degree but the effect is very less, its negligible!!

There's no point in trying to prolong the battery life cycle more than the phone's life cycle!! Now a days, mobile phones become obsolete in 2 - 3 years, so what's the point in making batteries life cycle last longer??
    {Lenovo Y500 | Xperia Mini -> Xperia ZR -> Zuk Z2 }

Steam,Raptr,Origin,Social Club,G+,xda: ariftwister
    (so basically its ariftwister everywhere )

5. Likes billubakra liked this post
    Alpha Geek Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by topgear View Post
    Go to settings and under battery sub menu there should be options like “Fast cable charging” and “Fast wireless charging.” - disable both of them.

Thanks. That's for S7. How to do slow charging in G4?

Quote Originally Posted by ariftwister View Post
    There's a myth that Fast Charging degrades battery life !!

That's true to a certain degree but the effect is very less, its negligible!!

There's no point in trying to prolong the battery life cycle more than the phone's life cycle!! Now a days, mobile phones become obsolete in 2 - 3 years, so what's the point in making batteries life cycle last longer??
    Not everyone has money to replace a phone after every 2 years dear. And with today's tech I'd say that the phones go out of date in about a year with the new flagship launches every now and then.

Truth Seeker Reputation ariftwister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billubakra View Post
    Thanks. That's for S7. How to do slow charging in G4?

Not everyone has money to replace a phone after every 2 years dear. And with today's tech I'd say that the phones go out of date in about a year with the new flagship launches every now and then.
    I am not saying you should!! I am saying about the market trend.!! The same can be said about providing OS upgrades!! At some point, you HAVE to buy new one!! Its inevitable!!
    {Lenovo Y500 | Xperia Mini -> Xperia ZR -> Zuk Z2 }

Steam,Raptr,Origin,Social Club,G+,xda: ariftwister
    (so basically its ariftwister everywhere )

Alpha Geek Reputation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariftwister View Post
    I am not saying you should!! I am saying about the market trend.!! The same can be said about providing OS upgrades!! At some point, you HAVE to buy new one!! Its inevitable!!
    Again depends on personal preference. My N73ME was working fine since 2007 but it broke down totally last year so I had to get a new one. Yes it is inevitable but personal preference, money, priorities and other things comes in the way.